Connect with us

The Smilington Post

The Smilington Post

New tech gadgets gizmos hi tech The world’s biggest smartphone conference was simply cancelled due to coronavirus issues


sunshine

New tech gadgets gizmos hi tech The world’s biggest smartphone conference was simply cancelled due to coronavirus issues

Mobile World Congress, the biggest smartphone tech show of the year, was canceled on Wednesday because of concerns about the coronavirus, the event’s organizers said in a statement.Some of the biggest companies had already pulled out of MWC amid the coronavirus concerns.GSMA, the organization behind the event, had said on Sunday that the show in…

New tech  gadgets  gizmos  hi tech  The world’s biggest smartphone conference was simply cancelled due to coronavirus issues

New tech gadgets gizmos hi tech

  • Mobile World Congress, the most significant mobile phone tech show of the year, was canceled on Wednesday since of issues about the coronavirus, the event’s organizers stated in a declaration.
  • A few of the most significant business had currently taken out of MWC amid the coronavirus issues.
  • GSMA, the organization behind the occasion, had actually stated on Sunday that the show in Barcelona would go on regardless of some companies taking out, including that there were still 2,800 exhibitors planning to participate in.
  • Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories

The greatest smartphone conference of the year was simply canceled.

The organizers of Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, GSMA, announced in a declaration on Wednesday that the conference was canceled since of concerns about the coronavirus.

” With due regard to the safe and healthy environment in Barcelona and the host country today, the GSMA has actually cancelled MWC Barcelona 2020 since the global issue regarding the coronavirus break out, travel issue and other situations, make it difficult for the GSMA to hold the occasion,” the declaration checked out.

Huge companies consisting of LG, Amazon, Sony, Ericsson, Facebook, Nvidia, MediaTek, Sprint, and Vivo had actually currently pulled out of the event due to the fact that of issues about taking a trip amidst the coronavirus risk.

Support The Smilington Post

Help us tell more of the stories that matter

">Buy one of our staff a latte!

Other companies also did something about it due to coronavirus concerns. Xiaomi had said it was taking extra preventive steps.

The GSMA had revealed in a press release on Sunday that MWC would go on as prepared, even if a few of the greatest business had actually pulled out, stating there were still 2,800 other exhibitors attending the event.

MWC is typically a releasing ground for brand-new gadgets and where companies frequently reveal brand-new mobile phones and other tech. At this year’s occasion, 5G connectivity was expected to be among the major focal points.

MWC’s cancelation will surely impact business that business planned to conduct throughout the event. Nevertheless, rather ironically, business will undoubtedly continue in a world linked by smartphones.

Subscribe to the newsletter news

We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top Stories

To Top