New tech gadgets gizmos hi tech
- Skydio is a drone start-up changing the way customers can run drones autonomously.
- The business was founded by 3 MIT grads– 2 of which are ex-Googlers who dealt with the tech giant’s drone shipment program Task Wing– and has raised $70 million in financing from Silicon Valley powerhouse companies like Andreessen Horowitz and Play Ground Global.
- What sets Skydio apart in the drone market is the device’s “completely autonomous” functions– a user can program the drone to track and movie them while the drone wisely avoids barriers like trees and buildings.
- The company launched its first-generation drone, the R1, in2018 And in early October 2019, it launched the Skydio2, a smaller, quicker, quieter, and cheaper upgrade. It promptly sold out within a day.
- The high need in part reveals that consumers are wanting methods to record experiences while still being present and in the moment.
- ” This is the next generation of basically what cameras ought to be,” Skydio COO Tom Moss told Organisation Expert. “It’s just flying robots that resembles having your own movie team.”
- We visited Skydio’s offices in Redwood City, California. Take a look inside.
- Visit Company Insider’s homepage for more stories.
New tech gadgets gizmos hi tech The company is based out of Redwood City, California, a Silicon Valley town where workplace is cheaper than its tech country cousin cities.
New tech gadgets gizmos hi tech Skydio has two buildings across the street from each other real estate about 100 staff members in total, counting veterans from Tesla, GoPro, and Apple among them.
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe