Connect with us

The Smilington Post

The Smilington Post

Gardening Granny bitten by bug while gardening later on loses legs, fingertips


plants

Gardening Granny bitten by bug while gardening later on loses legs, fingertips

A 68-year-old woman is learning to live without her legs and fingertips after a bug bite landed her in the hospital for eight months, three weeks of which were spent in an induced coma.Susan Buttery, of Wiltshire, England, said she initially thought her reaction was an allergy to something.LOSARTAN BLOOD PRESSURE MEDICATION RECALL EXPANDED AGAIN…

Gardening Granny bitten by bug while gardening later on loses legs, fingertips

Gardening

A 68- year-old female is discovering to live without her legs and fingertips after a bug bite landed her in the hospital for 8 months, three weeks of which were invested in a caused coma.

Susan Buttery, of Wiltshire, England, said she at first believed her reaction was an allergy to something.

LOSARTAN HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE MEDICATION RECALL EXPANDED ONCE AGAIN OVER CANCER ISSUES, FDA SAYS

” I had flu-like symptoms and I was vomiting, so my hubby Richard hurried me to the medical facility where they were expected to keep me on over night,” she told SWNS. “Richard came back the next day to see me, however they had put me in an induced coma in ICU. The consultant stated to my partner: ‘You’ll be lucky if your spouse is alive on Monday.’ However I’m still here.”

gardening Buttery said she spent eight months in the hospital and underwent 60 surgeries. 

Buttery said she spent eight months in the health center and went through 60 surgeries..
( SWNS)

The trouble for Buttery began when she was bitten by an unknown bug while gardening. The bite was infected, and she was ultimately identified with Group A Streptococcus, which resulted in sepsis and necrotizing fasciitis.

MAN BEHIND ‘BLINKING WHITE PERSON’ GIF RAISES OVER $25,000 FOR MS WITH ASSISTANCE OF VIRAL FAME

Support The Smilington Post

Help us tell more of the stories that matter

">Buy one of our staff a latte!

Group A strep bacteria live in the nose and throat, and can be spread out through beads that become airborne from coughing or sneezing or contact with mucous, according to Sepsis.org. The droplets may arrive on an item that you later on touch, but if the skin is infected, the germs can come in contact with an area of skin that has an open injury, scrape or bite. When the bacteria enters the body, it can trigger infections such as necrotizing fasciitis and harmful shock syndrome.

Signs may begin initially as flu-like disorders, as was the case for Buttery.

gardening Despite losing her fingertips and legs, she said she still loves gardening.

In spite of losing her fingertips and legs, she said she still enjoys gardening.
( SWNS)

Buttery informed SWNS that she sustained 60 operations while hospitalized, consisting of the amputation of both legs and her fingertips.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

” When they stated they had to take my legs, I just talked to myself, ‘Well they’ve got to go otherwise I’m going to die and I just desired to attempt to return to as normal as possible, as quickly as possible,” she told the news outlet.

In spite of her experience, Buttery said she still enjoys gardening and is “not frightened.”

Subscribe to the newsletter news

We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top Stories

To Top